Ascension has a vibrant, renewed chapter of the Episcopal Church Women whose purpose is to to empower the women of The Episcopal Church to carry out Christ’s work throughout the world. Explore this page to see the work of ECW at Ascension including the United Thank Offering, in which 100% of your donation goes to fund mission work of the Episcopal Church in the world.
ECW meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month between September and May, usually meeting from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm. Over lunch, the group has varied programs, with speakers, and study programs. ECW has a mission to get involved with and serve our community and our parish. If you would like more information on becoming a part of the ECW, please contact or email Charlotte Wood, firstname.lastname@example.org .
To live Christ’s ministry we:
- Listen to voices of women worldwide;
- Promote educational, spiritual, and social programs which minister to women and children;
- Provide opportunities and tools to grow relationships with God and others through spirituality, prayer, and worship; and
- Encourage the development of women’s leadership by example in stewardship, training, and education.
And as we pursue furthering God’s kingdom here on earth, we use the Five Marks of Mission, developed by the Anglican Consultative Council and adopted by The Episcopal Church’s General Convention, to help frame our thinking about mission and ministry. The Five Marks are:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
Vice President—Karen McKinney
Recording Secretary—Pat Rutenberg
Corresponding Secretary—Mary Rayson
UTO Chair—Barbara Miller
Liaison to Young Women—Lesley Bilbrey
The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
If you would like a UTO offering box during the year, drop by the Ascension parish office to pick your new box up.
The Sisterhood, which meets the third Monday of each month, is a ministry of food, fun, fellowship, and support for women of all ages. Their mission is to ensure that all women of our parish and community have the opportunity to experience the joy and strength that are the bonds of “sisterhood.” If you would like more information about The Sisterhood, check out their upcoming events below in the events and news or email email@example.com.